Monday, September 10, 2007

Background of Tom Mullin

As most of you know by now, I am running for the office of President of the National Association for Interpretation. Given the small space in the ballot for campaign information, I thought I would provide a little background about myself.

I am currently an Associate Professor at Unity College in Maine serving as the Coordinator for the Parks, Recreation and Ecotourism & the Environmental Education programs. A Founder and Life member of the NAI, I was awarded the Fellow Award by NAI in 2003 and received National Meritorious Service Awards twice in the past as well as numerous other national and regional awards.

Past offices held include VP-Administration (two terms) VP-Programs (one term), a founder and current director of the College and University Academics Section (three terms), Chair of the Section Leadership Council (4 years) and Section Representative to the Board of Directors (3 years), Regional Director of AIN Region IV (3 years)

Past professional experience as included time as the Executive Director of an Environmental Learning Center and a Land Trust, Manager of a County Nature Center, Maine State PLT Coordinator and work as a consultant on book, interpretive planning and interpretive training. I am a CIT and CIG plus for seven years I have been a judge for the National Outdoor Book Awards.

In summary, my professional life has been intertwined with NAI since 1977 when I joined as a High Schooler of one of NAI's parent organizations Association for Interpretive Naturalists. I bring a wealth of knowledge as well as the motivation to take the organization to its next level of success

Till next time

Tom Mullin

No comments: